Set-up Day
July 8th
Here are some happy things from today:
- My work week is over and I am happily ensconced in my new tent. The SCA event I am at starts tomorrow. As a member of staff I get to arrive early. Some people have been here since Monday. I only took one day off work, tomorrow.
- Stephanie came to get me after work and we drove up together. I managed to stay awake the entire three hour ride. The GPS took us down some roads neither of us remember taking to get here before. There are some beautiful lakes in Maine.
- Silena is co-running the event. Silena, the local Exchequer, and I set-up the gate and they showed me how the paperwork is handled.
- I also got to visit with my protégé from Canada and some other friends.
![]() |
| Tomorrow that field will start to fill with cars. |
![]() |
| The gate tent where I will be spending much of my time. |
☮
Continued listening to: Paladin's Faith, by T. Kingfisher.
Thank you for being here and being part of my daily happy things. Stay safe!


Comments
Post a Comment