Viking Memorial Ship

 The last Thursday of Pennsic there is a Viking burial ship that is burned on the pond.  People who have lost someone over the last year paint memorial shields and place them on the ship the week prior to this happening.   At least two people from Stonemarche passed away this year and I went to see the ship get burned.  People will shout out the names of those they lost.  I stood in silence, only whispering the names.  May they rest in peace.

Some happy things from today:

  • The Oreo machine made a mistake.  😂


  • It is supposed to rain tomorrow so there was a call to help at the East Kingdom Encampment.  I went and helped take down the territorial sheet walls and guide in the taking down of the pavilion.  It was nice to help and get to visit with some friends today as well.



  • My great niece stopped by our encampment to say hello and goodbye before she heads back to the Midwest where she is living now.  We haven't seen each other since before the pandemic and it was really nice to see her and get to meet her new fiance. 


  • There were two things I brought with me to Pennsic to deliver to people here.  I have delivered them both and hope that they enjoy their new items.
  • Pictures of the Viking ship and the evening.





Ship on fire.


Thank you for being here and being part of my daily happy things. Stay safe!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunrise Spectacular

Back to Work

Birka Day Two