Rainbows

Thunder and lightning were very close in the morning and woke us up.  It was a day with off and on rain showers.  Here are some happy things:

  • The last lampwork bead making challenge was in the morning.  The theme was potpourri.  For this challenge we form a bead and then someone pulls a popsicle stick out of a bag with something written on it.  That prompt is what we do to change the bead.  It could be adding a color, pulling with pliers, rolling in a heat sink, or other things that I hadn't done before.  It was a lot of fun.  I made two beads.  I lost count with both of them of how many different things I did to each bead.  I ended both of them by rolling them on a heat sink.  It is a neat effect.
First bead.


Second bead.




  • Keziah headed up a small dinner of around 40 people.  Maybe that is more of a medium size.  Anyhow, I was able to help out with that.  I had to leave for a bit and go back to help with the clean-up.  It sounds like it went well, but people didn't eat enough.
Pickled eggs with beet.


  • The storms brought clouds and rainbows.





The day ended with exhaustion and sleep, instead of finishing my blog.  😅

Thank you for being here and being part of my daily happy things. Stay safe!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunrise Spectacular

Back to Work

Birka Day Two