Long Days are Long

Here are some happy things from today:

  • 3:30 AM is early.  That is the time I was supposed to wake up.  I woke up about two hours earlier for an early morning Watch shift.  I did try to go back to sleep.  The Watch shift with my former protégé went well.  It was nice to get to spend time with a friend.  The sunrise was magnificent. 












  • After a nap, I rested more!  Haha!  I pulled out the last sekanjabin, cinnamon.  Another great flavor!


  • Today was the Opening Ceremonies.  This is the day the “War” begins.  I didn't stay for the ceremony, I just processed in with the barony.  There are so many people here!  Keziah thought she saw my niece, or someone who looked like her.  Later on Facebook it was confirmed.  My neice… Grandneice to be precise, is somewhere at Pennsic.  

Something flying by.




  • Instead of watching Opening Ceremonies I went to the lampwork bead challenge.  There was a choice in challenges.  Either work with a very difficult brand of glass, or “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”, or both.  I chose both.  First I worked with the difficult glass.  The problem with this glass is that it shatters easily.  It didn't shatter for me, but I took a long time getting it hot.  Then I tried doing a rainbow striped bead and that didn't come out how I would like.  By the time I had done those, my arm was ready to fall off!  After a break I did two more beads with the glass that likes to shatter.  One of them did break a little, but I was still able to make two beads.  I'm still having fun!






Sunset!


Thank you for being here and being part of my daily happy things. Stay safe!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunrise Spectacular

Back to Work

Birka Day Two