Packing...

 Happy things from today:

  • At work I stowed.  The important part to this story is that an employee puts packages on one side of a rack, and the stower picks them up on the other side to sort into the correct bag or shelf.  An employee was putting packages down for me and apologized that, “Things are discombobulated.”  To which I half jokingly responded something like, “But I like it when things are combobulated.”  We both had a laugh at that.  I only feel slightly guilty that she tried to keep the racks organized for me after that.  The way I like the packages is 'standard operating procedure.'  It is not an easy task when packages are coming quickly down the conveyor.  She did well.
  • At home I relaxed a bit before trying to pack.  Tomorrow, after work, I fly to Texas.  I ended up calling TF to help me do the math.  If I arrive Thursday and leave Sunday I only need three changes of clothes.  Yep, I was that tired.  
  • Since my suitcase is currently being held together with duct tape, I bought a new bag online.  It supposedly fits all the criteria for carry-on and I think I fit just about everything in there.  It came with bags to put inside to keep things sorted.  The cool thing is that it opens up to make it easy to have the electronics separate, without displaying your clothes to the world.


I'm hoping to sleep on the flights.
If I can't, I'll practice making knots.

Continued listening to: Paladin's Faith, by T. Kingfisher.

Thank you for being here and being part of my daily happy things. Stay safe!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunrise Spectacular

Back to Work

Birka Day Two