Modern Conveniences

 July 2nd

Some happy things from a very hot day:

  • When I left the house for work there was lightning flashing and thunder rumbling.  The drive to work is about nine miles.  In about three miles the rain started.  It was hard and heavy with gusty winds.  When I was one to two miles from work the rain had stopped.  I walked quickly into work enjoying the wind and not lingering in case the rain came.  I have no idea if it rained at work.  I didn't hear it and I think I would have.  I'm happy that I arrived safe and the rain missed me whenever I was outside.  That much rain would have soaked me in just a minute or two.
  • Somehow, even though I didn't sleep well because of the heat,  I wasn't overly tired at work.  After work we had Cinnabons.  😋
  • At home in the living room after I ate, I couldn't stay awake.  In my room it was 93° so I knew I would not be able to sleep.  I gathered all my energy and started moving things.  When I first started organizing my room it was winter.  I put my desk under the window.  Then something happened and I suddenly had more things from the other house in my room and not enough room to do things.  It is a bit overwhelming.  In order for my room to have an AC I needed to move my desk.  In order to move my desk I needed to move books (which eventually will have a book shelf), in order to move them… anyhow, I put things in boxes and covered my bed with them, moved my desk, and thanks to Zed, there is an AC in my window.  I'm hoping for some good sleep before work.  

Continued listening to: Paladin's Faith, by T. Kingfisher.

Thank you for being here and being part of my daily happy things. Stay safe!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunrise Spectacular

Back to Work

Birka Day Two