Hornets

 Some happy Tuesday things:

  • Despite not being able to fall asleep Monday night I made it through my work day.  It was the last work day until after my trip to Pennsic.  Having very little sleep between work and packing, I fell asleep before finishing writing this blog.  Yay, sleep!
  • Keziah and I went through more boxes looking for more of her garb.  I seem to be missing an outfit or two myself, but I know where most of it is.  After going through a bunch of things and packing as intentionally as I could, I feel like I'm about half to two-thirds packed.  Then I realize that is just my stuff into boxes, not the truck or trailer.  So I'm estimating about one-third packed.  Either way, I'm happy to have Wednesday off to finish packing and preparing.  
  • I've always been fascinated with the paper type of insect nests but held more fear of the insect so stayed away.  As I aged, that fear has lessened.  My research, starting with Google Lens, has identified the one attached to the garage as Bald-faced hornets.  I know I've identified these before, maybe this time the name will be remembered.  Anyhow, they seem to be beneficial and I hope they can stick around.  


Started listening to: Thornhedge, by T. Kingfisher.

Thank you for being here and being part of my daily happy things. Stay safe!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunrise Spectacular

Back to Work

Birka Day Two